The day you will realize the power of healthy foods, you will give up on junk/street food and bad eating lifestyle. Yes, like you, I never liked the taste of some foods initially—when I was very young. But now, I can’t imagine my diet without these foods! Not only healthy to eat, these foods have some other utilities also:
- Help in inches and fat loss
- Keep you fit and in shape
- Keep diseases at bay
- If you are suffering from diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure and the likes, these foods can help in controlling them
The TRICK is “what to eat”, “when to eat” and “how much to eat”.
Do you know the healthy foods that help burn belly fat?
- Green vegetables (mainly… broccoli, beans, capsicum, spinach)
- Whole grains
- Berries (any type)
- Nuts (mainly… almonds)
- Olive oil
There are many other healthy foods that help burn belly fat, BUT I stick to the above—more or less.
Do you know the healthy foods known to be brain food/memory food?
- Ginger—protection from diseases of the brain
- Broccoli—excellent for brain functioning
- Cabbage—lower brain cancer risks
- Lettuce—increases flow of blood to the brain
- Cauliflower—cleanses the white matters in your spine and brain
- Almond—increases flow of blood to the brain
- Watermelon—helps in proper functioning of the brain
- Rockmelon (cantaloupe)—supports brain functions
- Apple—excellent power food
There are other healthy foods that are brain food/memory food, BUT I stick to the above—more or less.
Do you know the healthy foods that are good complex carbs?
These are highly fibrous, keep you full longer and highly boost your metabolism.
- Beans (eg. kidney beans, etc.)
- Dry seeds (eg. chia seeds, etc.)
- Nuts (eg. almonds, etc.)
- Fruits (eg. apple, etc.)
- Brown rice
- Green vegetables (eg. broccoli, etc.)
There are many other healthy foods that are good complex carbs, BUT I stick to the above—more or less.
Do you know the foods (considered healthy by many!!) that are bad simple carbs?
These fill you with empty and unwanted calories, increase your weight and bring in other health problems at a later age.
- White rice
- White bread
- Fruit juices
- Carbonated drinks
You need to avoid bad simple carbs like plague!
Do you know about the required nutrients for women?
I personally feel that these nutrients are required by females of all age—only the dosages will vary.
- Iron—for anemia, for the brain functioning, for boosting the energy level
- Folate—lowers risk of colon and breast cancer
- Calcium—maintains blood pressure, for bone health
- Vit B6—for regulating your mood, sleep and appetite
- Vit B12—for alertness and regulating your appetite
- Vit D3—strengthens your muscles, teeth, bones; protection from auto-immune disorders; lowers risk of ovarian and breast cancer
Now you know why you are asked to take multi-vitamin multi-mineral, and calcium with D3 supplements as you age?
Anyway, start with the above healthy foods and feel the difference within 15 days. Never try to cheat yourself where healthy lifestyle and healthy foods are concerned.