Low impact high intensity cardio exercises (better known as low impact HIIT or low impact HIIT exercises) are the best to opt for when you cannot do HIIT cardio exercises due to joint pains, knee pains; at the same time, you want to burn fat and tone muscles.
Well, let the physical limitations not deter you from your goal. There are many low impact HIIT for knee pain, low impact HIIT for joint pain, low impact HIIT to burn fat and tone muscles.
In other words, you can still burn fat and tone muscles with low impact high intensity cardio exercises.
What are some Low Impact High Intensity Cardio Exercises?
At this moment, I have 4 low impact high intensity cardio exercises in mind. Before I proceed, some important points to keep in mind:
- You will do each exercise for 60 seconds, followed by a rest of 15-20 sec. This means #1 exercise for 60 sec, rest for 15-20 sec, start #2 exercise… and so on.
- Don’t give more-than-required rest and don’t perform each exercise for more than 60 seconds.
- Don’t try to finish off an exercise in a hurry. Moderate pace (neither too slow nor too fast) would be great.
- Do exercises #1 to #4…. 4 sets. If this is not possible initially, at least do 3 sets.
- Here, the numbers #1 to #4 is to be followed one after the other–#1 to start with; then #2, #3, and finally #4. In other words, you will be doing low impact circuit training.
- Don’t change the order of exercise.
The videos featuring each exercise will help you to do the exercise in proper form and technique.
4 Low Impact High Intensity Cardio Exercises
Here they are:
#1 Single Leg Running
Not only fat burning, Single Leg Running helps build great coordination.
#2 Modified Burpees
There are many people who avoid doing burpees. The reason? They say the ‘jumpings’ are tiring! In Modified Burpees, ‘jumping’ is eliminated making it a low impact HIIT exercise.
#3 Butterfly Squats
It is a good low impact HIIT exercise. Try it.
#4 Stationary Speed Skater
An excellent thigh and butt movement, your core muscles are targeted when you do Stationary Speed Skater.
There are many other low impact high intensity cardio exercises. Start with these 4 cardio exercises; more can be added later once you get the hang of it. And remember, keep yourself hydrated, especially when you exercise.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply